Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mike.robertson
Lurker
Liked: never

Performance Tweaking

Post by mike.robertson »

I am migrating from BE2012 to Veeam (latest version) 8 and patch 1 installed. This is my first time ever using Veeam.

I am running a 3 host iscsi vmware cluster with a PS6100X equallogic. My backup server is physical with a 30TB DAS connected to it, and co-located outside my data center. My core switch and the switch my backup server is connected to are interconnected via 10 gig fiber. Also, my backup server has a NIC team connected to it's switch with 2 x 1 gig nics. Unfortunately, my physical backup server only has 1 dual core proc and 8GB of ram. For that reason, i have each of my VM's setup on it's own job, the next one starts when the first one finishes, etc. I did that so i wouldn't tax the CPU running multiple jobs.

Currently, i am running just network mode and i'm seeing anywhere between 40 - 70 MB/s processing rate on my backups, which seems acceptable.

What other options do i have with this setup to squeeze even more performance and speed up my backups?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Performance Tweaking

Post by foggy »

mike.robertson wrote:Unfortunately, my physical backup server only has 1 dual core proc and 8GB of ram. For that reason, i have each of my VM's setup on it's own job, the next one starts when the first one finishes, etc. I did that so i wouldn't tax the CPU running multiple jobs.
Instead, you could limit the number of concurrent tasks that can be assigned to the proxy.