Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ober72
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 136 times
Full Name: Geoff Burke

Need to update the veeam database

Post by ober72 »

Hi Folks,

I have backup copy jobs not being able to find full storage. This happened after trying to compact them failed. I was told by support that I should run this command:

UPDATE [VeeamBackup].[dbo].[Backup.Model.Storages] set creation_time = '<New time>' where id = '<vrb id>'

I am assuming this is a sql command. I have a couple of questions, I again assume that this needs to be run on the local veeam server?, Also it says where Id = <vrb id> but this is a backup copy job so there are only vib and vbk. Can someone give me an example of the syntax to run against the sqlexpress. I did something like this a while back but have forgotten.

My understanding is that when the compact/transform operation failed for whatever reason the Id was changed but the database was not updated so the database is looking for a vbk file with a different Id, it does not find it and complains that it can't find the full storage.

Yes I have a support case Case # 00866119. I find the forum sometimes is quicker because of the mass of experience out there. I was also told as an alternative to run active fulls on the local jobs, some of the local jobs are very large and I don't have the space.

Thanks in advance
Geoff Burke
VMCA2022, VMCE2023, CKA, CKAD
Veeam Vanguard, Veeam Legend
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Need to update the veeam database

Post by veremin »

The portion provided above is an SQL command, indeed, that must be run on SQL server hosting VB&R database. The command might be executed against the said database with the use of SQL Management Studio.

However, you'd rather ask your support engineer to perform that command for you or at least assist you in that process , since you're not well familiar with it.

Thanks.
ober72
Veeam Vanguard

Post by ober72 »

Yes that would be nice but support does not reply so I need to figure this out myself. The active full did not change a thing just took up a lot of space on my server. Disappointing.
Geoff Burke
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

In this case, escalation sounds like a good idea. Click "Talk to a Manager" button on the customer support portal in order to draw attention to your problem. Thanks.
ober72
Veeam Vanguard

Post by ober72 » 1 person likes this post

Hi Folks,

I finally downloaded Sql management studio and found that the vbk file had a temp extension instead of vbk. I changed the creation time as I was instructed to do but that did not work I assume because Veeam is looking for the full storage that should have a vbk extension. So I changed the .temp to .vbk and that did the trick.

cheers
Geoff Burke