Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
lowlander
Service Provider
Liked: 30 times

Partitioning MSL 2024 Veeam / DPM

Post by lowlander »

Hi,

anyone has positive experience with partitioning a MSL 2024 (HP) so it can be used by both Veeam and DPM ?

thanks
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Partitioning MSL 2024 Veeam / DPM

Post by Dima P. »

Hello lowlander,

Such scenario is not supported but if your library has a partitioning functionality then you could use both solutions with its own library partition. Things to keep in mind: each partition should have its own drive.
futureweb
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Patrick

Post by futureweb »

Hi,

I am wondering something similar.
We have partitioned the MSL 2024, so that 1 logical library and drive is used be Veeam, the other one should be used by the LTFS Automation.

Is there a way that we can say, Veeam should only use one library, and doesn't see the 2nd one?
I saw I can disable a tape, which might help to prevent locks even it queried the tapes, but still it sees tapes in the other libary and I am not sure what it's going to do if tapes are used up, if just the tape is disabled.

I read about registry keys to prevent locking for a longer time, but that was Version 7. So I am wondering what the way to go is.

Thanks
Patrick

Thanks
Patrick
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Hi, Patrick,

This matter has been discussed recently in the adjacent thread; might be worth taking a look.

Thanks.