Management reporting and documentation
vpock
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Dominic Paquin

Capacity Planning farther then 6 months

Post by vpock »

Hello!

I was wondering if there is any way to get capacity planning in the reports "Capacity Planning" and "How Many More VMs Can be Provisionned", farther then 6 months.

Right now, After tuning my metrics in the reports, I see that most of my ressources have the "infinite" signs when looking at "How Many Days". It seems that the report cannot predict more than 6 months in the future, which is not very useful when trying to establish a budget for the whole fiscal year.

Any way around that?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Capacity Planning farther then 6 months

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Dominic,
As you mentioned, for now data is analyzed for the next 6 months, because it seems to be the best planning interval. A lot of things are usually changed during the whole year.
Note that this "days left" are provided till you reach the predefined threshold. So, changing the threshold can be helpful for longer-term planning.
However we will take your opinion into account and think how to fulfill your request.
Thank you for the feedback!
vpock
Influencer

Post by vpock »

Hello Shestakov,

I got a customer here for who this issue is make or break regarding his use of Veeam ONE. Without capacity planning that stretch to at least 12 months, he is basically saying he has no uses for ONE, has he already have a decent monitoring system in place.

I see that in the "Reporter's" "Configuration Tab" there seems to be a place that would allow to "import" a report. Would it be possible for Veeam to create a custom report for this customer?

Thanks a lot!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Dominic,

We do not do custom development, but Nikita has submitted this as a feature request for the next update. Can you please tell me what values (days) does this report currently show for this customer?

Additionally, can you check deployment scenario modelling functionality to see if this is a better fit for your customer or not.

Thanks!
vpock
Influencer

Post by vpock »

Hello Vitaly,

The value we are seeing is "Infinite". Except for storage. But for Memory and CPU planning, we are getting the "infinite" symbol.

As for Deployment Scenario Modelling, I'm not sure what you are talking about :-)

Thanks a lot!
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Dominic, infinite means that the number of days to reach the threshold is greater than 180. Sometimes trend of resource usage is not growing, so the threshold will never be reached and the best Veeam One can show is infinity sign. I also don`t see a lot of sense to write huge numbers like 4500 days left if the performance trend is growing slow, since things change much faster and in practice.
Nevertheless, I agree that expanding the number of days to 365 before it becomes infinite makes sense and as Vitaliy mentioned we`ve already took it into consideration for future releases.
Thanks again for the feedback!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

I'm referring to our advanced capacity planning capability, see this link for more info > http://helpcenter.veeam.com/one/80/vsph ... jects.html
vpock
Influencer

Post by vpock »

This might just work!

Thanks Vitaly!