Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
miklaw2
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Mike Lawrence

encryption

Post by miklaw2 »

We are currently trialing the backup & replication product... and we are really liking what we see.
However I noted in another post that encrypting the backups is coming soon... how soon? The answer is is very important to us.
we ship our tapes/disk offsite for disaster recovery and we don't want the off chance of someone being to capture our tape/disk and be able to restore them easily...we want them to work for it...
Can you offer any insight as to when encryption will be a part of it? Is it part of the new release?

I would also like to here what you use as to copy these off to the drobo device or what. We have backup software (Commvault)...but it is very server oriented and virtual so we would be using veeam backup to back it up and restore it...\
Thanks in advance.
miklaw2
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Mike Lawrence

Re: encryption

Post by miklaw2 »

I just found where someone else asked the same question and the answer was no...
sorry to repeat
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6646 times

Re: encryption

Post by Gostev »

Mike, backup encryption is not going to be a part of the upcoming release (v5) unfortunately.

You can backup directly to Drobo device, or simply use post-job script to copy backup files there.
We have some customers using Drobo.