Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
rem2500
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ben Knight

VEB & Storage Server 2012?

Post by rem2500 »

Hey everyone,

We are evaluating Veeam and the one issue I have is that I need to backup a physical file server. This is running on a NAS with Windows Storage Server 2012. Is VEB a viable solution for backing up this data and subsequently replicating it off site?

Thanks!
Ben
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: VEB & Storage Server 2012?

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Ben,

The solution is build for endpoints but it indeed can manage windows server versions (starting from 2008 R2 SP1) If I an not mistaken, the 2012 storage server is built on the framework of server 2012 so it should work.

During the beta testing, we had some users that successfully succeeded in installing (and of course backing up and recovering) on storage server but we haven't tested it.

If you then use Veeam Backup & Replication repository as a target, you can use backup copy jobs, cloud connect, encryption etc... for your backups.

But again, we haven't test it ourselves so please try first before putting it into production

Mike
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Ben,

Since the storage server 2012 is, basically, the regular 2012 server with the enhanced storage functionally, I think, it should be working fine. Could you test it and share the results with the community?
yusaku
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Yusaku Furuhashi

Post by yusaku »

Since “Windows Server 2012” is supported, “Windows storage server 2012” is also supported for Veeam agent for Windows for VBR?
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=60