Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
kapple
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Ken Applebaum

Endpoint Backup: Cannot connect to a Veeam B&R server

Post by kapple »

Hi,

Just started with the gold release yesterday. I backed up to an external drive, did a test file restore, and all worked fine.
I want to reconfigure the backup of my PC so the target is a Veeam repository. I use the credentials that Veeam uses for backing up servers. However, Veeam Endpoint Backup throws an error:
"Cannot connect to backup server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. Please contact your Veeam Backup and Replication administrator." I am the B&R admin.
I have used the IP address, as well as the DNS name of the Veeam server. I have tried using my own credentials rather than the credentials used for our server backup jobs.

The Veeam B&R server is version 8.0.0.917, running on Windows 2008 R2 Standard.

I don't see any event viewer issues related to this on the Veeam server. There is one odd security audit failure on my PC relating to a volume on my PC, but I don't think this would be an issue for connecting to a Veeam B&R server, although it occurs the same time that I try to configure the backup job to connect to the B&R server.
It is event ID 6281: Code Integrity determined that the page hashes of an image file are not valid. The file could be improperly signed without page hashes or corrupt due to unauthorized modification. The invalid hashes could indicate a potential disk device error. File Name: \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\sysfer.dll
Any insight into this issue, or assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Endpoint Backup: Cannot connect to a Veeam B&R server

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Ken,
Unfortunately, the main reason - you need Veeam Backup and Replication with Update 2 installed, which is not yet available (it should be released later this month).
kapple
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Ken Applebaum

Post by kapple »

Thanks for the info. I know one needed update 2, but I assumed that since we were on the most current version, that it was update 2. I'll keep a lookout for the release.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Ken, stay tuned - I am sure the release will be announced in the weekly forum digest.