Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
sirhideo
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Frankie

VEB Restore Point?

Post by sirhideo »

Hi, As far as I know the backup logic is first time full and all the time incremental afterward. This will create stress on repository if we do this for like 80 workstations..

Is there a restore point rotation and retention period settings just like B&R? If not I would like to request for this feature....
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: VEB Restore Point?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Frankie,

Not sure I understand your request. What restore point rotating you would like to see? Veeam Endpoint uses the same backup chain creation logic (forever incremental) as we have in Veeam B&R.

Thanks!
sirhideo
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Frankie

Post by sirhideo »

Hi Vitaliy,

Oh sorry, just found that during the backup configuration, I can setup Backup to Retain (default 7 restore points) while defining destination.

By the way, does VEB only support daily for now? I might want to create a weekly backup..
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Daily backup was chosen as a default option because people would like to protect data on daily basis, however for less frequent backup schedule you can try to use "At the following events" option. For example, connect your target storage only once a week.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Frankie,
I might want to create a weekly backup..
You can do that even now - set the daily schedule and adjust the 'Backup no more often than' timer to 6 days - you will get only one backup per week :wink: