Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
JaxIsland7575
Veteran
Liked: 107 times
Full Name: Ryan Jacksland

Recovery Media

Post by JaxIsland7575 »

Do I have to create recovery media for every machine I backup with VEB or can I create it once and use it for all machines?

Thanks!
VMCE v9
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Recovery Media

Post by Vitaliy S. »

I would recommend to create 1 recovery media for every similar group of machines/laptops/servers build from the same OS etc. However, you can create it per each computer you're going to backup, since it will contain drivers for your system specifically.
JaxIsland7575
Veteran
Liked: 107 times
Full Name: Ryan Jacksland

Post by JaxIsland7575 »

Ok, that's much better than 1 per machine, thank you!
VMCE v9
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

I fully agree with Vitaliy but like to add some ideas.

If you are mostly purchasing the same brand, you probably have a set of drivers for each of the series that you use in tools such as SCCM or similar. You can add those already to that recovery media that you built upfront, and only rebuilt it when you deploy newer driver for the network (wifi also), USB and storage devices. You can also create a few of those as ISO's and store them on your file server. When needed, I burn them to a flash device with windows 7 USB/DVD download tool and create it afterwards. For me that is easier than having flash devices lying around (I loose those anyway ;-)).

Last but not least, remember that you can still load drivers when you are booted on the recovery media. But that would mean or the network works (to connect to a file server or something) or the USB driver works to connect to a removable media...)

Mike