Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
thokozani.mabaso
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Thokozani Mabaso

Backup and Replication

Post by thokozani.mabaso »

Dear All,

after creating a replica how do I make sure that it stays in sync with the Production side?

Regards,
Thokozani
TrevorBell
Veteran
Liked: 17 times
Full Name: Trevor Bell

Re: Backup and Replication

Post by TrevorBell »

Replication will just make a point in time backup, the more frequently you run the replication the more upto date it will be.

I backup my production once a day, but i run replication twice a day so the replication it more upto date than the backup. does that explain the difference and help you ?

Trev
thokozani.mabaso
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Thokozani Mabaso

Post by thokozani.mabaso »

Thanks so much. But now I will be doing Replication over a WAN does it mean I should run it everyday, how is it going to know to update the one that I have created early on? I thought maybe during creation there is something that you check to say after so many hours it should resync with the original.

Currently, I will be doing a POC about Veeam Products. First of all I will have everything on LAN, to do backups and replication. Once I am done at the Production side with all the test. I will then take servers into DR side, now everything will happen via WAN. I am not sure how big is their bandwidth. But I will find out, so I am assuming when all the DR servers are onsite, I will only do incrementalls instead of a full replication. So that is why I had to post this question.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

You may run your replication job as often as you need (for example, you may schedule it to run in every X hours), that will keep your VMs in sync every time your run the job. By leveraging CBT technology only changed blocks will be transferred via WAN to your DR site, this will minimize your WAN dataflow traffic.