Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ccatlett1984
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Chris Catlett

Best Practice for job location, backup copy between sites.

Post by ccatlett1984 »

I have two sites, a Co-lo (where production lives, as well as my primary veeam repository) and a remote office (with a secondary veeam repository, and a veeam tape server.)

I am setting up copy jobs to go from the co-lo to the remote office, and am wondering if I should do a full install of B&R on the tape server (currently it just has the tape role installed from the server at the primary site) and create the copy jobs on it. Would this help with copy / merge times? (I am running forever forward incremental).
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Best Practice for job location, backup copy between site

Post by foggy »

Chris, you do not need a separate Veeam B&R installation to run copy jobs. Everything can be managed via a single console. Just make sure your secondary repository is Windows/Linux (or CIFS with gateway server on the same side), so that it be able to run Veeam data mover. Thanks.
ccatlett1984
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Chris Catlett

Post by ccatlett1984 »

The repositories are both CIFS (Synology NAS) Will the existing server with the tape role be sufficient? I want to be sure any load from merging or copying to the offsite, is not placed on the primary server.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Check if that server is specified as a gateway server in target repository settings.