Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jig1
Novice
Liked: 4 times

Is it possible to replicate based off the SCSI ID?

Post by jig1 »

Case 00911434.

I changed a SCSI drive of a source computer from (0:2) to (1:0). I also updated these settings on the replica. But now when the replication job runs, it is sending the whole disk over again instead of syncing the changes. I think the reason is on the source computer, the disk used to be labeled "Hard Disk 3" but after making the SCSI changes, it is now called "Hard Disk 4." So when its replicating, its treating as another disk. Is there a way to forcefully map the drives so all of the data does not have to be sent over again? Where it will replicate based off the SCSI ID and not the way its labeled in the VM settings?

The reason why its Hard disk 4 is the 4th disk is an excluded pRDM disk. I guess when I assigned the drive the new SCSI adapter, vSphere changed its label as "Hard Disk 4" and moved the pRDM disk to "Hard Disk 3."

Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Is it possible to replicate based off the SCSI ID?

Post by foggy »

In fact Veeam B&R tracks disks right by SCSI ID and since you've changed the SCSI ID for this disk, it is treated as new one. There's no way for Veeam B&R to make sure the disk is the same and that it just switched the slot.