Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rizks_2000
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Anthony Rizk

Backup Fails - After Successful Restore

Post by rizks_2000 »

Am getting the following on a backup I am trying to run on a "test" server we are experimenting with. We had been running backups successfully on this VM. We ran a total of 3 backups, a full and then the rest differential. We were experimenting with loading applications on the server, and making quick changes to the server so we could perform a "restore" and see how things worked. We were successful with a restore to a point in time. This morning, I then kicked of the same backup job (not a full backup) and I get the information below. I'm guessing since we have restored, I now need to perform another full backup? When it says in the Veeam-Test" object not found, I do know that the server exists. I just logged into it...

0 of 0 VMs processed (0 failed, 0 warnings)

Total size of VMs to backup: 0.00 KB
Processed size: 0.00 KB
Processing rate: 0 KB/s
Start time: 5/3/2010 8:04:44 AM
End time: 5/3/2010 8:04:51 AM
Duration: 0:00:07

Analyzing object "VEEAM-TEST"
Object VEEAM-TEST not found.
There are no objects to backup
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6719 times

Re: Backup Fails - After Successful Restore

Post by Gostev »

When you add VMs explicitly to the job, they are memorized using unique vCenter IDs. When you select option to do full VM restore with registration, the vCenter registration process assigns new unique vCenter ID to the restored VM (no way to tell vCenter to register VM with old ID). So in this case, you should edit the job to remove old VM and add the new one.

This is one of the reasons why we recommend stuffing jobs with containers (for dynamic selection scope), instead of individual VMs.