Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
voyager529
Influencer
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Joey Famiglietti

Help - Need Beta installer or Recovery ISO

Post by voyager529 »

Hello everyone!

Veeam Endpoint Backup has been a wonderful tool: Simple, accurate, fast, and free. Really can't beat that. It's been an avenue of first resort in this respect for several months now for most of my clients, ever since the product was in beta.

My problem is that I have one client who had VEB installed when it was still in the beta release. Last night, I got word that her SSD had failed...after six months...she wasn't kidding. The good news is that the backups have been running faithfully; I can get her back where she needs to be once the new drive comes in, courtesy of Amazon Prime. What I didn't realize is that when I tried to restore individual files from the backup archive using my laptop (running version 1.0.0.1954), it told me that it wouldn't be able to restore backups from the beta release. Yes, it's my fault, I should have updated her more proactively, and been more attentive to the release notes that the format was changing. Still, I've got a backup archive that's basically-useless as it would seem at present. Veeam's website nor my Google searches have seemed to yield a copy of a release of the program that's old enough to be able to restore the backup from the old format. If such an installer exists on someone's computer somewhere, and they'd be kind enough to point me in the direction of a download, I would be most eternally grateful.

Thank you so much everyone!
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Help - Need Beta installer or Recovery ISO

Post by Mike Resseler »

No worries Joey,

Veeam to the rescue :-)

Just PM me with your email address and I will get you a onedrive or dropbox link or something

Thanks

Mike
voyager529
Influencer

Post by voyager529 »

Sent the PM yesterday, Mike. Any chance of getting that link today? I'm heading over to that client to swap the drive, and I'd prefer to restore instead of rebuild. If anyone else has a copy, you can send it to veeamjoseph.famiglietti@veeamlive.com, without either occurrence of "veeam".

Thank you!!

Joey
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

I emailed it on Friday evening... Didn't receive it?

I just resent it

Mike
voyager529
Influencer

Post by voyager529 »

Hi Mike,

Got your e-mail Saturday and responded. I just wanted to thank you publicly for your assistance. I was able to get the user back up and running quickly.

Joey
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Got to hear Joey!

Glad it worked out all fine

Cheers

Mike