Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
danswartz
Veteran
Liked: 30 times
Full Name: Dan Swartzendruber

Upgrading to V8?

Post by danswartz »

I have been running V7 with no issues. I wanted to go to V8 due to forever forward incremental (as well improvements in general.) I got a trial license awhile back, but got delayed doing the upgrade. So my V8 trial license expires tomorrow. I have sent 2 messages to sales via the veeam website since earlier this week, and have not received either a phone call or an email to tell me what I need to do to get current on V8. I'd rather not have to uninstall and fall back to V7. Does anyone actually monitor the sales messages, or do they go to /dev/null? (or maybe I'm such a small fish that veeam doesn't give a rat's behind about me? If so, maybe I'm better off looking for a competing product?)
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Upgrading to V8?

Post by foggy »

Dan, can you please tell me what region you are based at?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Dan,

All kinds fish are important for us :D
It would be helpful if you provided a name of the sales representative you talked with. I`ll forward your post to the sales team.

Thanks for writing it here!
danswartz
Veteran

Post by danswartz »

United States. I didn't talk to anyone, that's my point. I clicked on this link http://www.veeam.com/salesinc.html. Sent messages through it twice. My correct email address (and phone number with voicemail) were both in the message forms, so there were two ways of contacting me.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

I've already forwarded your request to the responsible person, so I believe you will be contacted shortly. Thanks.
danswartz
Veteran

Post by danswartz »

Thanks!
danswartz
Veteran

Post by danswartz »

I guess I said 'thank you' prematurely. Close of business, and... no call or email. I hope nothing fails over the weekend. I don't think I've ever been in a situation where I am begging someone to take my money. Since I assume no-one will be contacting me over the weekend, time to look into alternatives. Damn shame. You'd think *someone* could have gotten off their a** in the last 72 hours, even if for a small license like mine. I can't help but wonder what the point of having a 'contact sales' link with a form to fill out that no-one seems to monitor :(
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Dan, we forwarded your post to the sales representatives in the US(I guess it where you are based) yesterday. I understand you feelings when you are trying to spend money, but sales people seem to pay no attention. We`ll try to contact them once again today. Hope they can do some work at the weekend.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
danswartz
Veteran

Post by danswartz »

Thanks. It's partly my fault, since I lost track of the amount of time on the trial license :) Hopefully someone reaches out soon - I don't feel like uninstalling V8 and re-installing V7 just to cover for a couple of days...
danswartz
Veteran

Re: Upgrading to V8? (RESOLVED)

Post by danswartz » 3 people like this post

I'm all set now. Thanks for the folks who reached out to get me going...