Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
slewfoot2xm
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Allan Morris

Bottleneck = Target WAN how to diagnose issue / fix.

Post by slewfoot2xm »

Got a question on how to check into this.
I have a backup copy job going through wan accelerator. Client side is a 35 x5 cable connection, It's been uploading at approx 1.2 MB/s - 2.4 MB/s . MY side, 100 MB fiber connection, with usage on the circuit a pretty constant 20 - 30 MB/s. That is with everything that I'm hosting. My Wan Cache is on a p2000 with 15k disks , no SSD yet, the client side is using the same raid5 that the vm's are on.

The storage for my server is a Buffalo Terrastation on my local network.

But what I can't seem to find is where to look to see if my side is the side that is slowing it down.

I did an initial seed, however, one of the disks was missing. So it's still processing the first server.

Is there a good way to find where the bottle neck is / why it believes from the client the target wan is.

My apologies in advance. I'm just starting to use the software, so I may not be providing needed details.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Bottleneck = Target WAN how to diagnose issue / fix.

Post by veremin »

As the first investigation step you can take a look at Svc.VeeamWANSvc.log and check there which step in particular is taking most of the time. Thanks.