Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Pete411
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Pete

Replicate to AWS

Post by Pete411 »

Has anybody successfully replicated to AWS with Veeam yet? IF you have please let me know know the procedure, we are going to start to move our DR to AWS and wanted to be able to replicate and of course fail back with Veeam, however I have not found anything on how to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Replicate to AWS

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Pete,

There is no way to replicate VMs to AWS directly, however you can try to use this approach as a baseline for your DR strategy > Veeam and Amazon Web Services

Thank you!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

To setup a replication job you have to have access to the underlying host, which is not the case with AWS. The only solution I can think of is to create nested ESXi in AWS and use it later on as a target.

Personally, I wouldn't stick to it, as performance will be questionable in this case. May be you can use "Service Provider lookup" to find a service provider that offers this sort of services.

Thanks.
Pete411
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Pete

Post by Pete411 »

Thank you all for your help with this. I am going to try the video and see how that works.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

You're welcome. Kindly, let's know about the final approach you'd stick to. Thanks.