Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
larry
Veteran
Liked: 97 times
Full Name: Larry Walker

full verify

Post by larry »

Is there a way to do a full verify once a week. Not the quick verify but a full block to block check. This check would occur right after the quick backup but verify back to the last full backup. Right now I am keeping a month of backups online with a full backup once a week. If there is a full verify I could have that run once a week instead, saving a lot of disk space but giving me the same level of confidence. I am new with Veeam so if I just missed something please point it out.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6714 times

Re: full verify

Post by Gostev »

Hi Larry, this is actually implemented in the code today, but we do not provide way to initiate this check... we are planning to address this in v5.

By the way, with the upcoming release we will provide a feature that goes beyond simple block to block backup file verification (such checks still do not 100% guarantee that recovery will be successful). We will actually allow to provide complete VM recoverability testing in a fully automated manner. And because it takes just a few minutes, you will be able to do this for every backup, not just for some backups.

See here for more information: http://www.veeam.com/surebackup/
larry
Veteran
Liked: 97 times
Full Name: Larry Walker

Re: full verify

Post by larry »

This is way past WOW, this is what the backup world needs. Veeam has already given me hours of my life back every week, thanks. :D