Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
RL Jones
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: RL Jones

Veeam logs are going

Post by RL Jones »

Hi,

I notice that the Veeam logs are filling up my drive. It is at 8gb and counting. The folder that keeps the log has all the logs from different jobs from different dates. I would like to know is this normal and if I can some reduce the size of this log folder with all these log files.

Thank in advance any help you can provide.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6715 times

Re: Veeam logs are are going

Post by Gostev »

Hello, yes you can delete logs at any time, as they are only required for troubleshooting by our support in case you are having issues. However, log folder will not grow forever, as older logs are automatically deleted by the product to prevent filling up the volume. Thanks!
BerndV
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Bernd Vojanec

Veeam Backup Logs

Post by BerndV »

[merged]

Hello,

Veeam stores the log files at %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Veeam\Backup.
Meanwhile, this folder has reached a size of 5 GB. Can I move old log files. How can I change the path for the log files?
My problem is that the local system disk has not enough free disk space.
Thanks
pizzim13
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times

Re: Veeam logs are going

Post by pizzim13 »

Instead of periodically emptying that folder or having a schedule task to delete its contents, I just turned on NTFS file compression on that folder. Since that folder contains only text files it compresses quite well and you can keep your logs in case you need them to troubleshoot with.