Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
atta
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Atta Kat

Save backup on Veeam Server

Post by atta »

Hello,

Is it possible to choose option to save backup on Veeam server backup repository and connect to cloud connect service provider and save it there?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Save backup on Veeam Server

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Atta,

Yes, of course. Please check out this link on how to integrate it with VBR server > http://helpcenter.veeam.com/endpoint/10/integrate.html

Once you do this, you can use regular backup copy jobs to sent Endpoint backups to the offsite location.

Thanks!
atta
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Atta Kat

Post by atta »

Hi Vitaliy,

I think that I type wrong and because of that you don't understand me. I mean can we directly from Endpoint choose cloud connect repository. When we choosing where we going to save backup we can choose option to save it on Veeam server and on next page we need to connect to Veeam server. Can we that insted of local veeam type in Cloud connect server and save backup there?
Ultra_Cool
Expert
Liked: 3 times

Post by Ultra_Cool »

Hi,
You cannot set up user permissions for cloud repositories and save Veeam Endpoint backups directly to these repositories. However, you can configure a backup copy job to copy Veeam Endpoint backups from a regular backup repository to the cloud repository.
I hope that this option will be able as soon as possible.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Direct connection to cloud repository avoiding regular repository is not possible. Thanks!
bigiron
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Stephan Gladiadis

[MERGED] Backup to Cloud Connect providor

Post by bigiron »

Hey,

Any chance we can get the Endpoint Backup product to go to a cloud connect partner? (Like Us!).

We would also like to take advantage of WAN acceleration if possible(like Enterprise Plus). THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!.

Thanks, Steph. :D
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

You can do that via sending backup to the existing VBR server and then to the cloud repository.