Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
r-low
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Ryan Lowdon

Virtual Lab Configuration Problems

Post by r-low »

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on the forums so I thank you all in advance for your input on this issue.

I am looking to do some testing on our VMs prior to a domain upgrade and am working to setup the Virtual Lab. I am familiar with the process of setting up a virtual lab but where I am running into problems is when the time comes to configure the networking for the Proxy appliance. My understanding is that the proxy appliance should be placed on the production port group and assigned a free IP address. What I'm finding though is that my production port group isn't listed. I have 4 vSphere hosts in my environment and regardless of which host I select, none of them show the production port group as an option. They are all connecting to the same distributed virtual switch.

What am I missing? Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks
nefes
Veeam Software
Liked: 162 times
Full Name: Nikita Efes

Re: Virtual Lab Configuration Problems

Post by nefes »

Do you mean that you can't see your dVS with production portgroups in "Select Production Network" window, opened from Proxy step of Virtual Lab wizard?
Are there any Standard Switches in that dialog?
r-low
Service Provider

Post by r-low »

Hi,

I can see the dVS and multiple production port groups listed on that switch. What I can't see though is the port group that I need to assign the proxy appliance to. There are standard switches displayed, but no port groups assigned to them, as per our design. I'm not sure if the cause of the missing port group from the list is a Veeam issue or a VMware issue but I had to start the troubleshooting steps somewhere.
nefes
Veeam Software
Liked: 162 times
Full Name: Nikita Efes

Post by nefes »

Could you please open a support case and post back it's number?
I suppose it is easier for support to look into your infrastructure and find out the reason than trying to guess the reason via forums.
r-low
Service Provider

Post by r-low »

I have contacted Support already and am supposed to be receiving a call back tomorrow. I will try and post the results of the findings tomorrow to help anyone else that may go through this issue in the future.