Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
wb2102
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Warren Bradford

Endpoint Backup..SVeeamBackupService is not properly dispose

Post by wb2102 »

Hi Guy's,

I've been using Veeam Endpoint backup for a few weeks now, and I have used it to successfully restore my system after Window 8.1 decided to play up and give me a black screen on boot. I'm very impressed with the software!
Unfortunately in the event of running some system cleanups after the restore (trying to avoid the system dropping again), The connection between the Backup service (working fine) and the System tray component will not fire and I cannot open the software.

Sorry I don't have a case ID as I can't open the program to create one :-(

After looking at other posts and having a look through the txt files under C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Endpoint, I can see a number of error's in the UI Tray log file.
Basically it's indicating "SVeeamBackupService is not properly disposed".

Can somebody please assist me in opening a case for this and I'll send in whatever log files are needed for diagnosis?

Thanks

Warren
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Endpoint Backup..SVeeamBackupService is not properly dis

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Warren,

Are you able to open Veeam Endpoint Backup GUI and navigate to the Support tab to open a case with our technical team? If this doesn't work as well, I will give you the list of logs to review that are required for troubleshooting this issue.

Thanks!
wb2102
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Warren Bradford

Post by wb2102 »

Hi Vitaliy,

The Gui itself won't open even though the service is running successfully. I've got all the file from the C:\Program Data\Veeam\Endpoint folder on a USB with me, so please let me know what you need and where to send it. Appreciate the assistance here.

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, this is the place we need the logs from. Can you upload it to Dropbox and send these to me via PM?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Got it! Out QA team is already looking into this.