Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
merrill.davis
Veeam Software
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Merrill Davis

Tape Jobs full backup scheduled with full source backups

Post by merrill.davis »

Hello,
I just wanted to put in a request for a feature that disables the full backup schedule for tape jobs with source backup jobs that are running a periodic full. Customer wanted the tape job to run as new tape backup files appear but option doesn't work with source back jobs that use backup mode with full backups. Job would kick off not find any files drop an error no files found and then daisy chain other jobs.

Thanks,
Merrill
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Re: Tape Jobs full backup scheduled with full source backups

Post by Gostev »

merrill.davis wrote:Customer wanted the tape job to run as new tape backup files appear but option doesn't work with source back jobs that use backup mode with full backups.
This can't be right? Do you have a support case ID for this issue? If this is true, then it sounds like a bug to me. Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Tape Jobs full backup scheduled with full source backups

Post by Dima P. »

Hello,
feature that disables the full backup schedule for tape jobs with source backup jobs that are running a periodic full
You can select to run the job manually or define a schedule for the job to run on a regular basis. It’s also possible to temporary disable backup to tape job
Job would kick off not find any files drop an error no files found and then daisy chain other jobs.
In addition to the case ID please check if, by any chance, the source backup files were previously written to the tape media (or source job has not created any new backup files)? I am also interested if the incremental backup was enabled in the backup to tape job settings. Thanks in advance.