Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
larry
Veteran
Liked: 97 times
Full Name: Larry Walker

enterprise manager - local users

Post by larry »

I have an issue with enterprise manager. When I connect to a remote Veeam server I can’t use the local veeam admin account. Each veeam server has the same local user, which is an admin. If I use “administrator” as remote name all works as expected. If I use VeeamAdmin it will not work. I know the local user account is good, I signed in with it. I need to use a local user and not a domain user, our Veeam servers will be removed from the domain and isolated.

I found a work around which is to add each local user by name as Veeam Backup Administrator. I was using the administrator group. Having the user only in the Administrators group doesn’t work. Local built in group “Administrators” work for the local user “administrator” but no other local user. My enterprise manager is in a domain.

I don’t need a fix, I just thought the information might be helpful to someone
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6702 times

Re: enterprise manager - local users

Post by Gostev »

Thanks Larry for sharing this.
larry
Veteran
Liked: 97 times
Full Name: Larry Walker

Re: enterprise manager - local users

Post by larry »

I believe this issue kept my enterprise manager from upgrading to 4.12 correctly. In the end I needed to remove the DR Veeam server from the enterprise server then re add it to fix it. My Veeam server at the DR site is not in AD, the enterprise manager is. The only local user that the enterprise server can us is “Administrator” at the DR site. All other users report bad password. Both sites have same local users.

Just for info, I have it working by using Administrator