Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
burtzz

Concurrent Jobs

Post by burtzz »

Hello,

I have a scenario where I will have, due to the company policy, concurrent jobs happening at the same time sooner or later on the schedule.

Despite policies and jobs for different kinds of VMs;

Most of the times I will have daily backups (Incremental with synthetic full on weekend) to disk.
At the same time, those VMs will have a replication job (to a DR site) that will happen every 6hours (4 times a day).

Never before with Veeam I ended up having replication jobs and backup jobs happening at the same time.

So I'm wondering if it will be an issue.
Not only a problem within VEEAM, but also on Vpshere, concerning possible problems with snapshots or any other kind of issues.

Vsphere 5.0 - Cluster
Veeam 8 - update 2

ty
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Concurrent Jobs

Post by veremin »

So I'm wondering if it will be an issue.
Not only a problem within VEEAM, but also on Vpshere, concerning possible problems with snapshots or any other kind of issues.
Nope, it won't.
burtzz

Post by burtzz »

Ok, thank you
wade001
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Wade Robinson

[MERGED] : Veeam Backup jobs and replication jobs coexist?

Post by wade001 »

We use datastore backup jobs to backup our VMs attached to a VMware 5.5 cluster. We are now looking to leverage veeam replication for the same VMs to enable us to migrate the VMs to a new cluster/datacenter.

Do we need to stop backup jobs for the VMs that we target to migrate? Do we need to ensure backup and replication jobs are performed in two different windows? What would be the best method to leverage local protection and support the migration to the VM workloads to a new location?

thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Do we need to stop backup jobs for the VMs that we target to migrate?
You can start both jobs at the same time. They will be placed in queue in automatic fashion by backup server.
Do we need to ensure backup and replication jobs are performed in two different windows?
The backup server will be able to take about that itself.

Thanks.