Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
john.brodhurst

VMCE training availability

Post by john.brodhurst »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this so please move to where is relevant if this is not it.

Can anyone explain the rationale behind restricting VMCE VODL materials to NA only? Why are English-speaking Veeam footsoldiers in EMEA and EM treated as second-class customers? The only justification I've seen is a blog post from last year indicating that this is because "not culturally widespread in Europe"... really? Seems like a bit of a hollow excuse.

Looking at the VMCE information it appears that the course is being totally differently handled inside the premier NA market and kind of half-heartedly conducted elsewhere from Veeam's perspective. £2,000/$3,000/€2,700 seems a bit steep when VMware VCP6 ICM is cheaper for a longer course (Microsoft courses seem to be priced around the same level and are usually 5 days too).

So what's the deal? Why are we being short changed?

Sorry if this comes across as hostile (it's not meant to be but I've been going round in circles with this). I'd like to understand the thinking behind this segregation... sorry, differentiation.
Emeric PILLET
Novice
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Emeric PILLET

Re: VMCE training availability

Post by Emeric PILLET »

Hi John,

we will consider enabling VODL for VMCE v9 in EMEA too. Meanwhile some of our Veeam Authorized Education Centers EMEA offer "Live Online" VMCE courses. While it is not as flexible as VODL it is a good compromise between instructor-led trainings and VODL.

Feel free to e-mail me on Emeric.Pillet@veeam.com if you'd like to discuss this further.
Kind regards

Emeric Pillet

VMCE Program Manager EMEA
john.brodhurst

Re: VMCE training availability

Post by john.brodhurst »

Thank you for your reply, Emeric. I have emailed you as requested