Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
alexis59
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: alexis

Backup server must be rebooted to finalize updated FLR drive

Post by alexis59 »

Hi, :)

We use Veeam Backup & Replication to safeguard our virtual machines under Hyper-V 2008 R2. We use Veeam Backup Endpoint backup for our physical server on Windows 2008 R2.

Today, we are the following error message : "backup server must be rebooted to finalize updated FLR driver installation". We cant restore files.

Despite several restart, the File Level restore is still not working. What can we do? We need to restore a file.
Our support case number is 00934877. We await the response of the media, pending my question here.

Regards, Alexis :roll:
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backup server must be rebooted to finalize updated FLR d

Post by Dima P. »

Alexis,
How about switching to GA version of the product? According to the screenshot you are still on the BETA version witch is no longer supported :wink:
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Alexis,

I have seen this before, but normally after a reboot it is fixed. But since you have restarted the host already (I assume you restarted the server that has the VEB installed on...) and it didn't work I am not sure what the problem might be. I noticed that you already created a case and I also assume that you are using 2008 R2 SP1 as an OS for the Hyper-V server so the only thing I can say right now is to wait for support.

If it is urgent to restore, I would advise you to restore the files through another system that has VEBF installed. If you (by any change) have it installed on your laptop or desktop (or inside one of your VMs) start the restore -> individual files from the tray icon. Instead of going to next, go to previous and point specifically to the location that holds the host backups. Now you will be able to continue and restore from there.

Hope it helps

Mike
alexis59
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: alexis

Post by alexis59 »

The restart did not solve the problem. For cons, the installation of Veeam Backup & Replication 8.0 Update 2 solved the problem after restarting the server.

Alexis
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Alexis,

Good to know that it is solved... Still seems a bit strange to me but I will let it investigate. Thanks

Mike