ald
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: daniel soares

difference between B&R 8.0.0.2021 and 8.0.0.2029

Post by ald »

Hello I upgraded the Veeam B&R next week to update 2 / 8.0.0.2021
and I see now that since 2 days their is a new version update 2a / 8.0.0.2029
where can I see difference between both as in the Kb I can not see the specificities of the Update2a compared to the update2

thanks
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: difference between B&R 8.0.0.2021 and 8.0.0.2029

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

Hello Daniel,
Update 2 (8.0.0.2021) was suppressed by Update 2a (8.0.0.2029) which includes the fixes listed in the previous Gostev’s digest. Mind me quoting the update 2a part for you:
Unfortunately, as some of you already know, VDDK 6.0 also brakes a few things with certain environment-specific bugs which we (or VMware, for that matter) were unable to catch in our test labs. Here is the summary of all issues:

1. VDDK 6.0 function crash in the Direct SAN processing mode when a backup proxy has multiple network interfaces with IPv6 enabled. Hot fix that patches the faulty VDDK function is already available from our support, and will be included in Update 2a (new build of Update 2).
2. Hot add processing mode not available for backup proxy VMs with non-unique BIOS UUID. We have a pilot hot fix ready that returns VDDK behavior to pre-VDDK 6.0 state, and will decide on including it into Update 2a based on the results of testing one with some of the impacted customers.
3. VDDK 6.0 failures on Windows Server 2003 x64 backup proxies. Officially, this OS is not supported by VMware for VDDK 6.0, and unfortunately there appears to be the real reason behind this limitation (not just "untested, but may work" as we had hoped). This forces us to stop supporting Windows 2003 x64 as a backup proxy OS for VDDK 6.0. As such, Update 2a will start blocking the use of such backup proxies for processing vSphere 5.5 and above explicitly. I hope this unplanned change is acceptable, considering that Windows Server 2003 end of life is less than 2 months away.