Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
sepj12927
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Per J

Virtual Machine Disk Space Analysis - monitor override

Post by sepj12927 »

Hi

I've overridden the monitor "Veeam VMware: Virtual Machine Disk Space Analysis" with the group "Veeam Ops Mgr agents running in VMware VMs"

For some reason this don't work for all members of that group.

I have one server that alerts for a disk with a weird drive name "F:\ –"

Are there any known issues regarding this?

/Per
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: Virtual Machine Disk Space Analysis - monitor override

Post by sergey.g »

Hi,

This is Drive "F:\", the bug with weird symbols has been fixed for the upcoming v8 release.

With respect to overrides - you need to apply them to the group of virtual machines, because this monitor is targeted to a VM class. The correct group should be "VMware VMs that run Ops Mgr agents". Also feel free to use regular expression to remove certain disk drive from the monitoring scope, for example "F:\\.*" added to the ExcludeDisks parameter will remove "F:\ –" disk from the scope.

I'm terribly sorry for this issue with this weird symbols in the disk name, we've fixed this in the upcoming release and we hope it will be available soon.

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding this or any other Veeam MP monitors.