Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
john510
Influencer
Liked: never

Why so slow

Post by john510 »

Lots of typos.. so let me re do this

Why are the backups so slow compared to other softwares?

is there a way to speed them up?

Slow = molasses
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Why so slow

Post by Vitaliy S. »

What's your destination target for the backup and what backup mode are you using?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

is there a way to speed them up?
P.S. You can always disable backup throttling in the Control Panel.
john510
Influencer
Liked: never

Post by john510 »

I have to say still slow after unchecking it and has lots of problems sometimes starting a and so on,, I 've tried allot of backup software and have to say this one is Very Flakey at best, maybe in the future but for now its just not there... Uninstalling it..
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello john510,
I am sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the Endpoint performance. In order to investigate the described issues we still need some information regarding your configuration:

- The hardware configuration of the computer where Endpoint is installed. According your other post is running windows 7, right?
- Background info on your backup job configuration. The backup mode (entire pc backup/volume level/file level) you are using and backup destination (local drives or USB/shared folder/VBR repository)
- What was the backup job performance rate?

Thanks.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

Veeam Endpoint Backup can be slower by default, because of our unique throttling feature. We have it enabled by default, because we believe that being completely seamless for users is more important than the speed of backup. Otherwise, users will simply avoid doing backups at all, after encountering those to impact their ability to use the computer normally. And on the other hand, there is also really no any kind of hurry in completing those periodic desktop backups as fast is possible. Now, if our goal was to backup 1000 servers on a tight backup window, this is where performance would become really important ;)

However, if for whatever reason backup performance really matters to you, you can just disable said throttling in the Control Panel. Then, you will find that our product can be significantly faster than established competitive products > Re: Endpoint Backup vs. True Image 2015