Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Cravenschild
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Peter Miles

VEB Install Fails when installing SQL management objects

Post by Cravenschild »

I have installed VEB on about 20 laptops so far and I have run into one that isn't allowing me to install the product. It gets to the point where it is installing Microsoft SQL 2012 Management Objects and then the progress bar goes backwards and the install fails with no detailed information as to why. The laptops are all running Windows 7 64-bit and this is the only one having issues. I tried uninstalling everything related to SQL 2012 and it still failed. After that I tried downloading the SQL 2012 components separately and installing them, then trying to install VEB and the same results were obtained. Any insight into why its not letting me install on this particular laptop would be appreciated. I can't really generate a support case id for this particular issue because I can't install VEB on the laptop to access the support tab. I have a current case open for another reason however (00941050) and wanted to utilize the forums to see if a quick resolution was out there.

Regards,
Cravenschild
Service Provider

Re: VEB Install Fails when installing SQL management objects

Post by Cravenschild »

Case # 00943541
JaxIsland7575
Veteran
Liked: 107 times
Full Name: Ryan Jacksland

Post by JaxIsland7575 »

Try looking here: http://forums.veeam.com/veeam-endpoint- ... 24681.html

There are a couple steps you can follow to try and get it installed.

Cheers!
VMCE v9
Cravenschild
Service Provider

Post by Cravenschild »

Yes I have looked at that post and will be trying those steps in the next couple of days, even though the issue in that post isn't really the same as the one I am having. This issue occurs when the SQL components are being installed before I can even get to the point of starting the services.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Uninstall the Endpoint application then one by one uninstall the SQL components, reboot the machine and try to install from scratch – that should help.