Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
RyGy7
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Shawn

Remote folder changes

Post by RyGy7 »

Testing Veeam EndpointBackup for my end users and so far it has been a success. Even restored an accidentally deleted file for someone already. Monitoring failures with Zabbix has also worked out for knowing when it failed for whatever reason.

Being that my failures are usually network or backup target related I am changing the NAS folder destination often in my testing, needless to say this is time consuming to get to peoples desks and interrupt them. What I am looking for is a configuration file I can alter by simply mapping my end users c:\ and maybe restarting the veeam service. Does this sound feasible? Anyone know which file or files might have this information?

Obvious answer is fixing the NAS destination...I'm also working that out. :lol:
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Remote folder changes

Post by Mike Resseler »

Shawn,

Sorry mate, but that doesn't work today. There is only one way and that is the manual steps.

Sorry

Mike
RyGy7
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Shawn

Re: Remote folder changes

Post by RyGy7 »

No Worries Mike, thanks for the reply. Once all is in place I won't have to make those changes but for the time being i'll have to do some running around then.