Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
michaelryancook
Expert
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Michael Cook

AAIP Windows Guest Credentials

Post by michaelryancook »

Hi and sorry if this has been asked and answered already. I did search but I think my search terms were too common. With AAIP on Windows guests, does the account used need to actually be named Administrator if UAC is enabled? Our security policy dictates that the local administrator and default domain administrator accounts be renamed. On one server we are having issues with AAIP. We get the error "VIX Error: You do not have access rights to this file Code: 13" when we test the credentials. We have used both the local administrator and the default domain administrator. They are no longer named Administrator but the SIDs would be the same as they were simply renamed. These accounts are working on other servers in the domain.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: AAIP Windows Guest Credentials

Post by foggy »

Renaming account should not affect its ability to bypass the UAC built-in policies. How about the actual backup, have you tried it?
michaelryancook
Expert

Yeah I have tried it. I get the warning "6/22/2015 4:08:41 AM :: Failed to prepare guest for hot backup. Details: Failed to connect to guest agent. Errors:'Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [abc.xxx.yyy.zzz]. Account: [xxxxxxx\yyyyyyyyy].Win32 error:The network path was not found. Code: 53' "

One thing I noticed is that even though I receive no temp profile warnings the local admin and default domain admin both use C:\Users\Temp for their profile. Something seems wrong there. I am searching on how I can delete this profile and try to have it recreate it. Perhaps this is the root cause.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Feel free to ask our technical guys for assistance, if required.
michaelryancook
Expert

Thank you. I will follow-up with them as I had opened a ticket on the issue.