Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Nellyy
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Nelly Yamo

Restore Files from Restore Points

Post by Nellyy »

I am trying out the VEB but i just can't seem to be able to run a successful restore from any good restore point. I get the error "No disks have been mounted; either because of unsupported disk type or due to some errors in the process". Am using windows 7 and VEB version 1.0.0.1954. Any pointers would really help.
I had initially posted this on Veeams g+ post and i was referred to this forum.
Am not sure how to get a support ID :oops:
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Restore Files from Restore Points

Post by Dima P. »

Hello and welcome Nelly,
Are trying to perform the file level recovery (not the volume level recovery), right?
SURAO
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jakub Holeček

Post by SURAO »

Same problem here. We are trying to restore individual files from a backups on a shared folder. After a while we get the same massage - "No disks have been mounted; either because of unsupported disk type or due to some errors in the process (see the logs for details)".

Problem is, we can not even find any logs.

Every backup is wrong, like from 5 computers and 10 backups each.

Windows 7 x64 Pro, VEB 1.0.0.1954
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Jakub,

Can you double check the Endpoint machine has access to the said share (the account you used for setting up the backup to the shared folder is listed under the share’s permissions)?
SURAO
Novice

Post by SURAO »

Yes, this is correct I even tried to set ACL to RW Everyone. But when I copy backups to local disk the message is different: "Some errors occured. See log files for additional information."
I am confused about logs, are there any? I found something in Event viewer, but there are no logs from restore.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Jakub,
Just to clarify – it happens if you manually copy backup files via windows browser or when the restore process is started and then backup is mounted to the OS? If second, are you copying backup files thru the windows browser or the error pops up in the Veeam backup browser? Thanks
SURAO
Novice

Post by SURAO »

Problem solved. Your point was right. The backup was made with domain adming rights. We ran VEB as Administrator when we tryed to restore files, but that was ran as local admin, not domain admin. We need to change permission system on backup a little bit, but at least it works.
Thank you.

Can you please tell where are the logs?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Jakub,

Glad it is resolved. There are two subfolders under c:\programdata\Veeam called Setup and Endpoint. There you can find the logs

Hope it helps

Cheers

Mike