Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Eson
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Emanuel Gustavsson

Best way to backup Endpoint Repository to tape

Post by Eson »

Today I have one tape job that only takes vbks that runs once a week after all the normal jobs have runt their full backups. Since Endpoint runs forever inc I guess the best way isn't to include the endpoint library in this specific job that excludes incrementals. I have tried to include the whole repository that holds the endpoint backups but get errors sometimes when Veeam tries to backup up vbks that no longer exists and it also tries to run some synthesize function with the latest incremental.

Should I create a separate tape job for the endpoint backup that includes both full and incremental?

I can add that it is sufficient to run the tape job once a week, but since the vbk in the case of Endpoint gets injected with the oldest inc every day I guess each weekly run of the tape job will include the full and all incrementals?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Best way to backup Endpoint Repository to tape

Post by veremin »

You can create a backup to tape job for EP backups, and let it create virtual full backup designed specifically for forward forever incremental chains.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Best way to backup Endpoint Repository to tape

Post by Dima P. »

Agree that separate backup to tape job for endpoints is a good idea. I can remember that for endpoint backups as a source ‘after this job’ tape schedule might not work, please keep it in mind.