Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
alexande.john
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Alexander John

Installation Fails during Server 2012 Management Objects

Post by alexande.john »

Hello,

I have trouble installing Veeam Endpoint Backup on a Windows 8 Pro 64 Client. I already tried the suggestions in this topic: http://forums.veeam.com/veeam-endpoint- ... 81-15.html

The relevant Log-Entry:

Code: Select all

[09.07.2015 14:44:07][INFO] Installing 'Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Management Objects' redistributable...
[09.07.2015 14:44:07][INFO] Package path: C:\Users\gs\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX0\EndPoint\Redistr\x64\SharedManagementObjects.msi
[09.07.2015 14:44:48][ERROR] System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Schwerwiegender Fehler bei der Installation
   bei Veeam.Setup.MsiLibrary.VmMsiCommon.CheckError(VmMsiDatabase db, UInt32 result)
   bei Veeam.Setup.Endpoint.Core.MsiPackageInstaller.InstallWithProgressHandling(IProgressReporter progressReporter, String msiPackage, String commandLine, String logFile)
   bei Veeam.Setup.Endpoint.Core.Redists.SqlSmoRedist.Install(IProgressReporter progressReporter)
   bei Veeam.Setup.Endpoint.Core.RedistManager.InstallWithProgressHandling(IProgressReporter progressReporter)
   bei Veeam.Setup.Endpoint.Core.InstallerEngine.Install(IProgressReporter progressReporter)
[09.07.2015 14:44:48][ERROR] Installation failed.
[09.07.2015 14:44:48][INFO] InstallerEngine session completed. Result = Failed
I also did not succeed installing the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Management Objects msi from Microsoft. Has anybody encoutered a similar Problem before?

Thanks, Alex
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Installation Fails during Server 2012 Management Objects

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Alexander,

Any other SQL components left in the system that may conflict with the Management Objects setup?
alexande.john
Novice

Post by alexande.john »

Hello Dima,

The client had no SQL-components installed when I frist tried. Just a Access Database Engine (2010).

There's also a Log-File from the management-objects:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/eb60438e7e3fe9898a35

As I said, I tried to install the management objects directly and succeeded finally. But the Veeam installation still fails.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Thanks! Try to manually uninstall the existing SQL leftovers, extract the Veeam Endpoint Backup installer and manually install in the following order the SQL components from %extract path%\EndPoint\Redistr\x64:

- Microsoft System CLR Types for SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Management Objects
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express LocalBD
alexande.john
Novice

Post by alexande.john »

Hello Dima,

I did uninstall everything SQl-related, installed CLR-Types successfully but then this happened when installing the Management Objects: http://i.imgur.com/G8Fp9Xh.png
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Thanks! Need some time to summon the dark QA department’s forces. Will follow up shortly.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

So I was refered to this KB: FIX: Error message when you install SQL Server 2012: "The identities of the manifests are identical but their contents are different"

Specifically, can you try this part:
• Download and install the update from one of the following Microsoft websites:
• 973544 Description of the security update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package: July 28, 2009
• Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package ATL Security Update
• Use other software that includes the Visual C++ runtimes as a redistributable merge module to install the update.
• Run Microsoft Update when security updates to the computer are applied. For example, run Microsoft Update to apply the security updates to Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.