Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
zadrian
Expert
Liked: 4 times

Veeam 8.0 replication schedule

Post by zadrian »

Hi, i have just upgraded and updated my Veeam in July and only have began to use the "VMware" VM replication features.

I have 5 VMs which I want to replicate to a new host with local storage as a means to do quick recovery (every 2 hrs) in case of any corruption.
I managed to get the 3 replicas to run, but I soon realise that all the jobs were running together at intervals of 2hrs (which I have set).

After the initial jobs, the incremental jobs would take like 10 mins to 25 mins per job, but if they run together takes sometimes over 3 hrs.
It showed that there were very long IO and RAM queues.

I did notice the "Perodically every" schedule window allowed xx minutes into the hour so that the jobs get some starting time difference eg, 00, 15, 30 45 mins etc.
I did set some jobs to run at 00, others at 15..30...45...etc

But how do I set to like 75 or 90 min as the jobs only starts at the "even" hours like 2:00 or 2:15 (as per min set) ?
I wanna set such some jobs can run at 3:00 or 3:15 etc.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Veeam 8.0 replication schedule

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Zadrian and welcome to the forums.

Not sure I`ve got the question.
But you can set replication job to run periodically every 75, 135 minutes etc. or to start them in any exact time like 3.15pm. For instance you can schedule 1st job to start at 3pm, 2nd at 3.30pm etc.

Do you run jobs constantly or once a day?
Also there is a backup window option to avoid jobs` overlaps. Thanks!
zadrian
Expert

Post by zadrian »

I found a similar text with pics showing my issue...http://helpcenter.veeam.com/backup/80/v ... le_vm.html

Err.....ok...if you go to the replication job > schedule, there is an option to choose "Periodically every" > 2 hours
Beside that, there is a "schedule box", in that box, it allows you to choose "start time within an hour".

So I can set each job to to run at 2:00, 2:15, 2:30 etc....at least once per 2 hours
But it seems that i cannot set to run in the odd hours like "3:00, 3:15, 3:30 etc....at least once per 2 hours" or "5:00, 5:15, 5:30 etc....at least once per 2 hours"
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Thanks for the clarification.

It`s possible you either use backup window for that purposes and allow the job to run only within even(odd) hours or choose time periods to run the job in xx minute of predefined hours.

Is that what you were looking for? If no, please explain how many times in what hours do you want to run the job. Thanks!
zadrian
Expert

Post by zadrian »

Hi....I think this might be the workaround....

Thanks.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Great. Let me know if you have any trouble.
Thanks!