Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
amajer
Lurker
Liked: 1 time

Restore a file from Tape

Post by amajer »

Hello Guys,

I have Veeam B&R 8.0 (version 8.0.0.917) Standard.
Some pst files stored on our Windows 2008 Server where Veeam Backup server installed. Monthly basis I back this psts up to tape among with other vbk files.
I wanted to restore one pst file from 2 month ago so I categorized a tape which contains that file and I can see this file on the tape.
If I go into Restore ->Tape ->Restore Files I cannot chose that particular file from that tape. I've got a filelist from my server and I can chose that file, but it says I need the last Tape to restore. But I need to restore an older version of that file.
Can someone help, how can I restore a file from Tape? Maybe I missed some steps to restore it.

Many Thanks,
amajer
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Restore a file from Tape

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

What happens if you go to the Files node, select an exact file you want to and then specify the desired backup set file should be restored from in the restoration wizard?
amajer
Lurker
Liked: 1 time

Post by amajer » 1 person likes this post

Hi v.Eremin,
You know something :)
I didn't realized that I have to double click on the file itself to see the backup sets where I can chose the older versions.
Thanks for your help, I'm appreciated. I've just restored the file.

Many thanks
Amajer
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

You're welcome. Should other help be needed, don't hesitate to let us know. Thanks.