Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Harald
Enthusiast
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Harald Husemann

Feature Request: Filter SNMP traps

Post by Harald »

Hello,

recently we've attached our Veeam servers to the monitoring system, and during this, we thought that it would be nice to configure Veeam to send SNMP traps if a job fails. We switched on SNMP, but it turned out that Veeam sends a trap for each job, no matter if it was succesful or not.
So, I opened a case for this (Case-ID was 00971442, already closed), and support informed me that this is normal behaviour and that it's not possible to filter the traps on Veeam. We're now filtering the traps in the monitoring system, so, the issue is solved since we see only failures in the frontend view, but of course it would be nice if it would be possible to suppress success traps on the veeam servers itself, as it can be done with e-mails send from them.
Veeam support suggested that I should post this as a feature request in the forum, so here it is, :-).

Kind regards from Germany,

Harald
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Feature Request: Filter SNMP traps

Post by foggy »

Harald, thanks for posting, your feedback is much appreciated.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2721 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Feature Request: Filter SNMP traps

Post by Vitaliy S. »

If you have Veeam ONE deployed, then you can define when SNMP traps should be sent and when it shouldn't be done (for example, send traps for failed jobs only). This can be done via alarms setting for Veeam backup job.