Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
fast_cat
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Configuration Database Resynchronize

Post by fast_cat »

Hi,
Am seeing in the Veeam B&R History a job called 'Configuration Database Resynchronize' which seems to run every 4 hours. Can someone tell me what triggers this and what it actually tries to do ? If there is a log file where is it because I cant find it
regards
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Configuration Database Resynchronize

Post by veremin »

Configuration Database Resynchronize refers to repositories' rescan. It's being performed on pre-defined basis. Also, repository rescan can be executed manually by right-clicking on a repository and selecting 'Rescan repository". Thanks.
fast_cat
Influencer

Post by fast_cat »

thanks for the reply. Thats sort of what I thought. However I get different behaviour based on how hte rescan is initiated. For example - the scheduled scan that runs every 4 hours completes successfully in 1 second (so I assume it has nothing to do).
When I run this rescan manually as you mention, it finds a backup repository and adds 167 backups into the 'imported' folder and I get lots of unwanted records in the Veeam Backup database . So the behaviour is different in these two cases. If I could find the logs then this might help me find out what is going on.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

You're right, automatic and manual rescans work a bit different. The manual one will import backups that are located inside repository and missing inside product database. Thanks.
fast_cat
Influencer

Post by fast_cat »

So if I have a repository shared by more than one backup server, and I do a manual rescan it seems to import all of the backup details for the jobs that arent associated with this backup server.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Right, all existing backups are imported during rescan, regardless of the backup server they were created by. This allows for restore on a newly installed backup server after the original one is lost.
fast_cat
Influencer

Post by fast_cat »

thanks for the update. I have a slightly different issue now where on my VB&R servers I am seeing zero backups in the inventory even though I have 81 jobs all working successfully. So any ideas why it thinks I have zero backups ?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

I'd recommend asking support to take a look at this.
fast_cat
Influencer

Post by fast_cat »

thanks...will do