Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
JacekS
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jacek Slazak

How to recover a crashed C: (SSD)

Post by JacekS »

SCENARIO: SSD drive C: crash
Having:
1. The latest boot DVD created with "Veeam.Endpoint.RecoveryMedia.exe"
2. The latest full backup created in Control Panel on the D: drive
3. Brand new SSD ready to install as a new C:

Way back, in the HDD boot drive world :) , I used an old versions of the Ghost DOS software in case of replacement of my C: drives. It worked great until I've got my first SSD.

Now, I'm one of the happy owners of the Veeam Endpoint Backup and didn't try the recovery of a full C: drive recovery (yet).

My question is:
After booting on the DVD created "Veeam.Endpoint.RecoveryMedia.exe", how should I deal with the driver issue for my new SSD drive ?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Re: How to recover a crashed C: (SSD)

Post by Gostev »

You will have an option to provide and load one right in the recovery environment, after that the restore wizard will "see" the drive.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: How to recover a crashed C: (SSD)

Post by Dima P. »

After booting on the DVD created "Veeam.Endpoint.RecoveryMedia.exe", how should I deal with the driver issue for my new SSD drive ?
After recovery media is booted go to Tools > Drivers and see if the needed hard drive is listed there with working properly label. If it’s no listed you may need to manually load the driver via the same driver tool (load driver option).