Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
xxJohnxx
Lurker
Liked: never

Restoring pre-release backup on Windows 10

Post by xxJohnxx »

Hi,

First of all, thank you very much for the free software. So far it worked great for me!

However, I ran into a problem: Some time ago I have installed the EndPoint.8.0.0.1822.BETA, and for some reason it did never update to a newer version.

Now, apparently upon installing Windows 10, that BETA version I had installed has stopped working.

Now, today I unfortunately lost my C-Drive (which I have made plenty of backups from), and after replacing it and reinstalling Windows 10, I tried to get my data back. Upon downloading the latest version of Veeam Endpoint it became apparent that the backups I have are not compatible with the new version and that the old version can not be installed on Windows 10.

Now I wonder if there is any way I can get my data back, as I have the backups, I just can't access them.

Thank you very much,

Jonathan
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Restoring pre-release backup on Windows 10

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi,

It is expected that beta and RC versions didn't update themselves to the RTM code, it was mentioned in the sticky topic about beta version. Anyway, Dima P. should be able to share the download link for the beta version, so that you could bring your data back.

Thanks!
xxJohnxx
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by xxJohnxx »

Helo Vitaliy,

Thank you for that information. I have missed that information about the those versions not updating themselves. Looking forward for the download link, so I can get my system back and running!

Anyway, thank you very much for your work and keep it going!

Thank you!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Now, apparently upon installing Windows 10, that BETA version I had installed has stopped working.
Please install Endpoint 1.1 - BETA or RC codes are no longer supported. You can try to restore from the backups produced by BETA or RC code by installing these retired versions to non-Win10 OS. I’ve shared a link with you via PM.