Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
wsususer
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jürgen Möbius

Things missing after installing VEB 1.1

Post by wsususer »

Things missing after installing VEB 1.1 --> I hope Veeam integrated it into the bootable recovery media that is created by this software in next Version

-backup from bootable media
-File explorer to copy files from the *.vbk and *.vib - Backup files to other locations with the the bootable recovery media
-Disk management tool – resize (is integrated now) delete or create partitions and format partitions with the the bootable recovery media.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Things missing after installing VEB 1.1

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Jürgen,

Can you elaborate on the 2nd option? Do you want to do FLR restore via bootable media?

Thanks!
wsususer
Influencer

Post by wsususer »

Hi Vitaliy,

I want to do FLR restore via bootable media. (for specific scenario)

It would be useful , if I can make a file level Restore with the Recovery CD , to be able to save my Backup-Data to another medium (another hard disk, Partition or USB drive or share).

Reason: If the Hard Disk from the PC that I have backuped, is defect , I need to recover individual important data from the backups using the Recovery CD with built-in File-Level-Restore.
If the PC that I have backuped, is defect, I must have a way to boot with the the Recovery-CD with built-in File-Level-Restore from another PC and open my Backup-files. (if it is not possible to install there VEB)
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Jürgen, good suggestions, thanks for your thoughts on this.
wsususer wrote:Reason: If the Hard Disk from the PC that I have backuped, is defect , I need to recover individual important data from the backups using the Recovery CD with built-in File-Level-Restore.
Ok, this could be a useful feature as well, but I believe that you always have more than 1 VEB installed in the infrastructure, so there is no need to boot the recovery CD to do the restore. It should be possible to do from any other machine pretty quickly.
wsususer
Influencer

Post by wsususer »

Another reason to want to do FLR restore via Bootable Media:
offline -via Bootable Media - copy back secured operating system files (backuped with volume-level-Backup) to the original location of operating system, if the original files are damaged.
It is not always necessary to restore a complete volume-level-backup,if only some files are damaged
wsususer
Influencer

Post by wsususer »

wsususer wrote "File explorer to copy files from the *.vbk and *.vib - Backup files to other locations with the the bootable recovery media"

Vitaliy S. wrote "Ok, this could be a useful feature as well, but I believe that you always have more than 1 VEB installed in the infrastructure, so there is no need to boot the recovery CD to do the restore. It should be possible to do from any other machine pretty quickly."

My comment:
A professional backup restore software should be so equipped, you can get to its data under all circumstances.
Even without the help of same software on another machine.
In the area of corporate, you're right.
Not always in a private setting. There can be only 1 computer or Laptop.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Thanks for the feedback, we will add these features to our tracking system.