Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
kmbelt
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Kevin Belt

SureBackup issues

Post by kmbelt »

I am having issues with SureBackup and Veeam Support has not been helpful at all so far. Hoping end users have experienced this issue and can help. Case #00984826

When i am trying to run a SureBackup job, i am getting the following. It repeats 20 times and says Will not retry. Anyone know what this means or how to fix it.

Code: Select all

8/10/2015 10:37:47 AM          Getting virtual lab configuration
8/10/2015 10:39:16 AM          Starting virtual lab routing engine
8/10/2015 10:39:39 AM          OWEMSEXC20 - Publishing
8/10/2015 10:39:41 AM          OWEMSEXC20 - Reconfiguring
8/10/2015 10:39:53 AM          OWEMSEXC20 - Registering
8/10/2015 10:39:53 AM          OWEMSEXC20 - Powering on
8/10/2015 10:39:57 AM Error    VeeamAgent encountered error: [FATAL] Dispatch thread of the backup mount server has failed: The parameter is incorrect.
                               Failed to read data from the file [O:\vPowerNFS\OWEMSEXC20_95ea1fab72154a409b9fde8504b64f00/OWEMSEXC20.cache].
                               --tr:Failed to load header.
                               --tr:Failed to load monosparse metadata.
                               --tr:Failed to open monosparse disk "O:\vPowerNFS\OWEMSEXC20_95ea1fab72154a409b9fde8504b64f00/OWEMSEXC20.cache".
                               --tr:Failed to create new disk cache "O:\vPowerNFS\OWEMSEXC20_95ea1fab72154a409b9fde8504b64f00/OWE

Thanks.
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1401 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: SureBackup issues

Post by Andreas Neufert » 1 person likes this post

It looks like that the vPOWERNFS Service or maybe the Veeam Backup Service do not have enough rights on the mentioned folder.

Please have a look at windows service and check at what users both services running on.
Have a look at NTFS rights if they are in (most cases "System" and Veeam Service user with Full Access.

Try to reconfigure the vPOWER NFS Folder (over the Repository setting) to c:\nfs for a test.
kmbelt
Influencer

Post by kmbelt »

It looks like that the vPOWERNFS Service or maybe the Veeam Backup Service do not have enough rights on the mentioned folder.
The folder is stored on our Qnap repository mapped via iSCSI. everything else on it works as it is the same place that our backups are written to and read from.
Please have a look at windows service and check at what users both services running on.
What services are you referring to. There are 9 on my server. The vPower NFS Service runs as Local System.
Have a look at NTFS rights if they are in (most cases "System" and Veeam Service user with Full Access.
On the repository mapped iSCSI root, i have system and the Veeam account with full access
Try to reconfigure the vPOWER NFS Folder (over the Repository setting) to c:\nfs for a test.
I have pointed this to the C: and it is working fine, so i know it is a permission issue.
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management

Post by Andreas Neufert »

Reconfigure it to the c:\ drive and check folder permission of that folder. Change the security of the NFS folder on the other drive for same permissions.
kmbelt
Influencer

Post by kmbelt »

Yeah, i did that and made them identical. Still no dice. At this point i am going to keep using Symantec to backup exchange as it works as intended.
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management

Post by Andreas Neufert »

I did a test and created a new volume on my storage and added it to my Backup Server. Enabled the disk and formated it quick with NTFS, mounted it as o:\ and changed vPOWER NFS folder with the Veeam Repository Wizard (created vPOWERNFS folder with the wizard). Any VM that I try to boot from it works.

So it looks like infrastructure related.
Antivirus ? Create an Exception and have a look at Antivirus KB http://www.veeam.com/kb1999
Folder Rights?
Space?
Quota on the Disk System or something similar? Can you create bigger files on it and can you change them?

Also very important is that you have configured DNS correctly. Can you Ping your ESXi hosts and vCenter by short and long name. Did you configured ESXi hostname and domain name accordingly.

Ar you running on actual Version 8 Update 2b ? 8.0.0.230?