Management reporting and documentation
hrb_prosys
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Henri B.

Can't find the reports for Veeam Cloud Connect

Post by hrb_prosys »

Hi all,

I have installed Veeam One Free since it said in the documentation that there was reports included for Veeam Cloud Connect. But I can't find where to run them from, I just want to see how much every customer is using on the Cloud Connect repository. It must be there some where, and it won't let me add the Backup & Replication Server that runs Cloud Connect, it is not permitted in Veeam One Free, so it must get the information somehow without connecting to the B&R Server, if not, then what's the point in including the reports.

The Veeam One Free is installed on the same server that runs the B&R Server with Cloud Connect.

Thanks in advance for any help provided..
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Can't find the reports for Veeam Cloud Connect

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Henri,

Does your Cloud Connect server also run some regular backup jobs? Please see this important note from our user guide below:
Generally, you cannot connect Veeam Backup and Replication servers in Veeam ONE Free Edition. If you try to do so, the application will prompt you to purchase a full version of the product. However, if your Veeam Backup and Replication license covers Veeam Cloud Connect only and does not cover any Hyper-V nor VMware vSphere sockets, you will be able to connect this Veeam Backup and Replication server in Veeam ONE Free Edition.
Could this be your case by any chance?

Thanks!
hrb_prosys
Lurker
Full Name: Henri B.

Post by hrb_prosys »

Hi Vitaliy,

That must be the reason then, our Cloud Connect license is merged with our B&R license.

I guess we need to split the license then, before we will be able to use the free version of Veeam One then?

Regards,
Henri
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, that's correct.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

In our next update we're thinking about removing this limitation for the FREE edition of Veeam ONE. On the other hand, data protection view and all alarms will still be locked down if there is a mix of CC and regular license keys.
bradramsey360
Novice
Full Name: Brad Ramsey

[MERGED] Veeam ONE Free Edition for Cloud Connect Reports

Post by bradramsey360 »

I setup Veeam ONE using the Free key because I wanted to be able to pull customer usage reports from our Cloud Connect server as advertised here - https://www.veeam.com/virtual-server-ma ... -free.html.

However after loading ONE with the Free key I'm unable to add our Veeam Cloud Connect server in the Data Protection Tab. After entering the IP and credentials for the VCC server I get a pop-up that says "Veeam Backup & Replication is available in the FULL VERSION of the product".

So how do I access those reports with the free version?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Cloud Connect Status Reporting

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Brad,
Do you have a mixed license key, i.e. VBR+Cloud Connect?
Thanks.
bradramsey360
Novice
Full Name: Brad Ramsey

Post by bradramsey360 »

Hi Shestakov, yes our Cloud Connect server is also licensed for 20 sockets although we're not using it for local backups. Guess we'll have to split it up?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

You can do that, but please take a look at my reply above - we are going to allow adding backup servers with mixed license keys, but will only unlock Cloud Connect report pack. Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Now all Cloud Connect related reports are available in Veeam ONE v9 FREE even when "mixed" backup license key is used, thanks for pushing!