Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
MrFixit
Influencer
Liked: 4 times

Cant connect to NAS Share for backup

Post by MrFixit »

Hi,
Have a bit of a problem getting Veeam Endpoint Free setup, I am running Windows 10 Pro and I have download the new v1.1 of Veeam and now I am trying to set it up but I cant connect to the NAS Share, It keeps telling me my user name or password is wrong but I no its not, My user account on my NAS is part of the Admin group. What could be wrong? This is not the first time I have setup Veeam to use a NAS Share but this is kicking my butt. My network is not on a Domain controller or anything like that either.

Thanks
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Cant connect to NAS Share for backup

Post by Gostev »

Hi. See if the account or password you are using contains some special symbols, this may sometimes cause issues. Thanks!
MrFixit
Influencer

Post by MrFixit »

Gostev wrote:Hi. See if the account or password you are using contains some special symbols, this may sometimes cause issues. Thanks!
Hi Thanks for the reply. No there is no special symbols in my password, Only letters and numbers with no spaces. Its very strange, I can brows to the directory threw Veeam to set the backup path but after I set the username and password and hit next it says username or password is wrong. the only thing I can think of is I have two NAS in a cluster and maybe this is the problem but I am guessing here. I just setup Veeam on my father in-law computer and hooked it up to his NAS and there was no problem, His NAS is not in a cluster. I just don't know what else to try.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Do you see the same problem if you try to use any other account name?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hey MrFixit,

Try adjusting the Microsoft network client: Digitally sign communications policy like described in the article.
MrFixit
Influencer

Post by MrFixit »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Do you see the same problem if you try to use any other account name?
Yes I do, I even tried creating a different folder with no sub-folders to see if it would work, No dice.
MrFixit
Influencer

Post by MrFixit »

Dima P. wrote:Hey MrFixit,

Try adjusting the Microsoft network client: Digitally sign communications policy like described in the article.
Thanks for taking the time to try and help. I did try what you said but that did not fix it :cry: I just don't understand whats going on here, Its not like I have never installed Veeam Endpoint Backup before using a NAS. This is just mind blowing to me, I have now spent over two hours trying to fix this.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Bad NAS? Did you try backing up to another share from the same endpoint?
MrFixit
Influencer

Post by MrFixit » 3 people like this post

Gostev wrote:Bad NAS? Did you try backing up to another share from the same endpoint?
No its not a bad NAS as everything else works fine including accessing shares outside of Veeam. I did however get it working but please don't ask me how because I am not sure. Last night I did create another user for testing but it did not work so today after trying several things I decided to create another user again and it worked. I don't know y but at least I have now done a full backup.

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to try and help...
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

If recreating a user helped after all, this might be a permission issue. Thanks for the heads up - your nickname is well deserved! :wink:
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

I'd also try performing a backup with old users (both of them) again just to make sure that the issue was permission-related and that the resolution was not a coincidence.

Thank you.
MrFixit
Influencer

Post by MrFixit »

PTide wrote:I'd also try performing a backup with old users (both of them) again just to make sure that the issue was permission-related and that the resolution was not a coincidence.

Thank you.
I did already try that but it did not work. What's funny is I know my user name & password, I promise I do & I am an Admin user but for some reason Veeam did not like it. O well some things cant be explained but at least its working now.
Thanks for taking the time...
MrFixit
Influencer

Post by MrFixit »

Dima P. wrote:If recreating a user helped after all, this might be a permission issue. Thanks for the heads up - your nickname is well deserved! :wink:
Thanks for the compliment...
Moebius
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Lucio Mazzi

Post by Moebius »

Thank you MrFixit! I had the same problem after installing Windows 10 v.1903 and VAW 3. Created a new NAS user (on the NAS only, not in Windows) and used it in VAW and everything started working again!
fixMrFixit
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Fix Mr Fixit

Post by fixMrFixit »

in my case solution for this was next:
1. just put correct path to the nas shared folder
2. provide correct password for nas user
even ui elements like input or label will not changed, but in this case you will able press next button. then all be ok.