Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
jayadams
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jay Adams

Last Successful Completion Date with B&R

Post by jayadams »

Feature Request:

I want to use endpoint backup with a Veeam B&R server. The job status window on the B&R shows the endpoint backup computers and the column "last result" shows whether the last run ended in Success, Warning, or Error but it doesn't tell me when the last job was run. I'd like to be able to see if one of the computers had not been running its backup job. It doesn't do us much good if the "last result" was "Success" but the last time it was run was a year ago.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Last Successful Completion Date with B&R

Post by PTide » 1 person likes this post

Hi,

Doesn't "History Tab" fit your needs? There you can see both parameters: last result and start time.
if one of the computers had not been running its backup job
If Endpoint Job is scheduled to run at some time then it will attempt to run and if it fails, will send a notification about failure, if it's been configured beforehand. Do you expect someone to change backup job settings without a warning?

Thank you.
jayadams
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jay Adams

Post by jayadams »

These are the cases
1. Computers that must have the backup job run manually (and doesn't have a scheduled job)
2. The user disabled the backup
3. The endpoint software is not functioning
4. A mobile laptop has not been back to the office for a successful backup (in this case, I would not want failed backup jobs sent to me while it was away, I just want to know when it was last successfully backed up)

The feature request may be for B&R rather than endpoint, given that I want B&R to show the last successful date.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

The feature request may be for B&R rather than endpoint
I guess all the described functionality is going to be provided as soon as we decide to support full VEB management thru VBR console :wink: