Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
ashman70
Expert
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Both

Surebackup network issues

Post by ashman70 »

I am new to surebackup and have only been using it a few days now, I have setup everything with the defaults however when I run my surebackup jobs against backups and replicas I always get the same errors:

Network 1: Production Production, isolated unknown, not mapped

This message repeats three times and ends with:

Summary: One or more networks cannot be mapped, check virtual lab settings.

In the virtual lab settings, the defaults are selected, obtain IP address automatically.

This is a basic environment, one host running ESXi and another for replicas on which the virtual lab is installed. The Veeam server is a physical server.

What am I doing wrong? I have read the Surebackup users guide but I am still not clear what the issue is.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Surebackup network issues

Post by PTide »

Hi,
ashman70 wrote:In the virtual lab settings, the defaults are selected, obtain IP address automatically.
How many network adapters are there on your productionVMs which are in an AppGroup that is being tested?
ashman70
Expert

Post by ashman70 »

One network adapter on all production vm's connecting them to the production network.
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

Please make sure that the following holds for your Job:

- your Production Network is available on host that has been chosen for your vLab
- you have added anIsolated Network and mapped your production network to it in vLab settings:
one host running ESXi and another for replicas on which the virtual lab is installed
Also your production network has to be available on the host where your lab is deployed.

Thank you.
ashman70
Expert

Post by ashman70 »

Not quite sure what you mean when you say:"you have added anIsolated Network and mapped your production network to it in vLab settings"

can you walk me through the steps?
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

Go to Virtual Lab settings, open Isolated Networks and make sure that you have some entry against your production network. See the screenshot in my previous post - there I have VM Network as a production and proxy_lab VM Network as an Isolated.
ashman70
Expert

Post by ashman70 »

This is where I am getting a little confused, in order to go into isolated networks I have to go into manual mode in the virtual lab proxy network settings, when I go with the default network settings there already is a mapping from my production network to isolated network. Are you saying I shouldn't use the default settings?
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

Yes, please try manually map networks in advanced mode and check if the issue persists.