Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

VEB: New software update is available!

Post by Dima P. » 2 people like this post

Hello folks,

Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE auto update server has initialized with the latest product build. Click Check Now in Update tab of Control Panel > to retrieve the update from the server immediately, or wait for daily automated update check to happen (Automatically check and notify me on available updates checkbox must be ticked).

Once you receive an update notification, click Download, and then Install (UAC prompt may pop up). Once the upgrade window pops up, click Upgrade to complete the process.

1.0 users: upgrade is required > this new version fixes some major bugs, and adds new fancy features.
1.1.0.110 users: upgrade is recommended, as this newer 1.1 build includes a few minor fixes based on bug reports we have received during the pilot.

Upgrade doesn't touch configuration or backup job's settings. Please, don't forget to recreate a Recovery Media at your earliest convenience.

Thanks!
SaschaH
Influencer
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Sascha Hoehne

Re: VEB: New software update is available!

Post by SaschaH »

Hi Dima,

is there a changelog where the changes from .110 are listed?

Thank you!
Sascha
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Sascha,

We stopped publishing the full list of fixed bugs publicly. May I ask is there a specific reason why you are looking for such log?

P.S. All the existing issues are listed in the Release Notes - Known Issues part.
SaschaH
Influencer
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Sascha Hoehne

Post by SaschaH »

Thanks Dima! Nothing special, it's probably just a habit I developed while working in the software industry: "There are changes? What changes?!". ;-)

Best regards,
Sascha
ftcnet
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Bernard Klatt

Post by ftcnet »

Dima P. wrote:..Upgrade doesn't touch configuration or backup job's settings. Please, don't forget to recreate a Recovery Media at your earliest convenience.
Is the requirement to create a new Recovery Media for each update something we should plan on? We have about 60 VEB installs at multiple sites so far. Each site has a NAS box (Drobo 5N) as the backup target and instead of creating physical media (DVD or USB) for each PC, we store the .ISO's on the NAS and would only create physical Recovery Media in the event it was needed.

The Create Veeam Recovery Media tool knows what type and where the Recovery Media is created.

Would it be possible to have new VEB releases update or create a new Recovery Media ISO when the update is installed? That would save me a lot of work each time a new VEB release comes out.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev »

Bernard, this is the requirement only for updates introducing new functionality impacting recovery (such as support for disk resize at restore time in 1.1).
jowidi
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Johannes Widi

Post by jowidi »

Gostev, I just updated from version 1.1.0.110 to 1.1.1.212. According to what you just said I don't need to create new recovery media as no new functionality seems to have been introduced. Still, on install I am reminded to create recovery media and after the first launch I get the warning: 'Recovery media components version differs from the current product version'
This is a bit confusing. Can I simply dismiss this warning or do I have to create new media?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev »

Yes, you can simply dismiss this warning.
jowidi
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Johannes Widi

Post by jowidi »

Thank you for the clarification.