Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
frankive
Service Provider
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: Frank Iversen

Feature request

Post by frankive »

To be able to extract guest files from an .exe extract since I forgot to save the recover media .iso to a usb, but saved it to the c: drive. Which means my .iso is stucked inside the .vbk file :)
I guess if i import the usb-drive as a repository at our work Veeam B&R I will be able to extract the .iso though..
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Feature request

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, if you import this VBK file to Veeam backup console, you should be able to do the restore as well. BTW, what error message did you have when trying to use extraxt.exe utility targeted to the Endpoint VBK file?
frankive
Service Provider
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: Frank Iversen

Post by frankive »

No error message, but i cancelled it when i say it would extract the whole computer. I actually would guess I would be able to get the file if i extracted the whole .vbk file, but would presumt it would be consuming some time. And since this was just an important test computer I haven't done tried it..
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ok, extract.exe allows you to pull VM files out of backups only, in your case it would indeed be a full image of the endpoint. Thanks for the feedback!